Windsor was an
District Line comes to Windsor
The District line in London started operation
on 24th December 1868 running from South Kensington to Westminster.
The line was progressively extended from Westminster eastwards
towards the City of London and westwards, reaching Hammersmith
by 1874, Richmond in 1877 and Ealing Broadway in 1879.
In 1883 a service was introduced to Windsor from
Ealing Broadway using the tracks of the Great Western Railway,
but this was withdrawn in 1885.
So Windsor was once an 'underground' station!
To contact us, email Thamesweb.